This month’s building tip is on the topic of safety and here are some of our suggestions for keeping safe when working on a building project.
- Always wear the right protective clothing when working with hazardous materials.
- Wear a mask when working in a dusty environment.
- When using paint or similar materials, make sure that there is plenty of ventilation.
- Make sure that ladders are used safely and, where necessary, properly footed.
- Always use the correct tools for the job.
- If using a knife, make sure to always cut away from you.
- When carrying our electrical work, always switch off the supply at the mains.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewellery when using drilling equipment.
- Keep a fire extinguisher within easy reach.
- Always store all tools securely and dispose of site rubbish promptly.
Following these easy tips will help to make sure that the construction work that you carry out will be done safely!